I love Christmas but it can get stressful when it comes to decorating the house, especially when I expect to host guests and parties every other week at my place!
But Christmas decorating doesn't have to be daunting, or costly for that matter. A brilliant idea of combining cardboard tubes (aka bathroom paper rolls) and green crepe paper to fashion a Christmas wreath came to me out of the blue one day.
I tried that craft idea with Miss 20 months. The end-result? I am just so pleased with how good-looking this inexpensive Christmas wreath turned out.
Cardboard Tube Christmas Wreath to DIY With Toddler!
How to DIY Christmas Wreath
- Lots of cardboard tubes (easy to gather for hoarders like me!)
- Green crepe paper (aka tissue paper)
- Red ribbon
- Pine cones and/or acorns
- Double-sided tape or hot glue gun
- (Optional) Staple
- Cut cardboard tubes into equal, short lengths
- Arrange cut cardboard tubes in a circle
- When pleased with how round the circle looks, glue or staple the cardboard tubes together
- Tie a red ribbon at the top or bottom of the completed cardboard tube by looping through the tubes
- Fold green crepe paper multiple times and cut into short lengths
- Get your toddler to help scrunch green crepe paper into small balls
- Stuff small crepe paper balls into cardboard tubes and tape them to the tubes
- Place a few pine cones in some of the cardboard tubes as finishing touches to look more season-appropriate and festive
- Join the cut cardboard tubes consistently at the same spot for every tube (e.g. the middle) so the resultant circular shape is fuller and rounder and doesn't look warped at some sections
Other DIY Christmas Wreaths
I'm constantly impressed and inspired by other DIY Christmas wreath ideas circulating about on the net! These are some clever DIY Christmas wreath ideas that wow me (which I'm also itching to try, you can't have too many Christmas wreaths at home):
- Felt Looping Christmas Wreath by BHG
- Fruit Loop Christmas Wreath by Crazy about My Bay Bah
- Green Dyed Bow Tie Pasta Noodle Christmas Wreath by Crafty Morning
- Handprint Christmas Wreath Craft by Matt and Becky
- 3D Colored Paper Christmas Wreath by Andrew Rachel Ashmore
- Peppermint Candy Christmas Wreath by Modern Parents Messy Kids
To follow Gwen's play adventures, check out @miraculove_sg (Instagram), save our pins or join A Toddler Activity A Day Facebook Group.
You might also like:
Hi! I am Yunnie. I am the newly minted mama to a little baby girl and a mum friend to everyone on this special (and many times scary) journey of motherhood. Also a graduated bride with a penchant for weddings.