When you turn on upbeat music, does your toddler love to groove to its rhythm? I always wonder where my little girl learnt her moves.
I like to encourage her to dance her heart out to her favorite music. It doesn't even matter if the music is Wheels on the Bus. Dancing keeps my little one physically active, and improves her range of motion, flexibility and coordination!
To encourage her to dance more, I made a
Easy No Sew Ribbon Wand for Toddlers!
Under 5 mins, with supplies that are easy to find around the house! Now my baby girl can have ribbons and sashes flowing around her as she prances around the house.
These ribbon wands are great for imaginary play too! Young children may imagine themselves as little wizards or witches, casting magical spells!
How to Make an Easy No Sew Ribbon Wand
You will need:
- One wide straw preferably transparent (you can get one from boba/bubble shops easily)
- Ribbon in various colors, trimmed to the same length
- Clear tape
- Hold the ribbons together and twist them to fit through the straw
- Adjust the ribbons such that one end of the straw has a long length of ribbons while the other a short length
- Stick the short length of ribbons to the side of the straw with clear tape
And your ribbon wand is done!
The length of the ribbon wand is a personal preference, so are the colors used. You can be creative and make the ribbon wands with a variety of ribbon textures! It's great sensory play for little ones.
If you're like me who hoards a ribbon stash from opening presents, this is a great project to use them all!
Creative Uses for these Ribbon Wands
- Pretend sparklers for firework nights
- For flower girls to wave around prettily at a wedding (instead of throwing confetti)
- Birthday celebrations
- A homemade gift for a little girl who loves to dance. Include a tutu and it'll make the perfect outfit!
Best Ribbon Wands for Children
- A sophisticated ribbon wand using a wooden dowel and screw eye over at Little Girl Designs
- A patriotic red, white and blue ribbon wand over at Mama in the Now
- Personalisable ribbon wands using washi tape over at Washi Tape Crafts
I hope this is a fun art and craft activity for your little one! Share your experience with me via Instagram Direct Chat at @miraculove_sg or Facebook Group.
You might also like:
Hi! I am Yunnie. I am the newly minted mama to a little baby girl and a mum friend to everyone on this special (and many times scary) journey of motherhood. Also a graduated bride with a penchant for weddings.