There’s so many creative egg crate toddler art and craft ideas around and I’m glad to add one of my creations to the mix!
Egg Crate Pumpkin Straw Posting for Toddlers!
On top of it serving a decorative purpose, this idea doubles as a posting activity for little ones!
How to Make the Egg Crate Pumpkins
Materials you'll require:
- Orange toddler-friendly paint (feel free to use red/yellow for layering)
- Black marker
- Upcycled straw cut in short lengths (preferably green/red/brown to look more convincing as pumpkin stalk)
- Scissors or penknife to poke little holes in egg crate for straws to fit
These are the simple steps:
- Clean and wipe dry an empty egg crate
- Invite toddler to paint all over the egg crate
- Use dark marker to draw jack o lantern faces
- Poke little holes into each egg crate compartment for straws to fit
- Cut up a long straw into 4-5 shorter segments to poke through the little holes
Benefits of Posting Activity
- Improve hand eye coordination
- Build focus and concentration
- Enhance fine motor skills
- Enhance cause and effect learning
- Creative transformation of cardboard into decorative toddler toy inspires creativity and inculcates environmental conservation mindset in little ones
To follow Gwen's play adventures, check out @miraculove_sg (Instagram) or A Toddler Activity A Day Facebook Group.
You might also like:
Hi! I am Yunnie. I am the newly minted mama to a little baby girl and a mum friend to everyone on this special (and many times scary) journey of motherhood. Also a graduated bride with a penchant for weddings.